Why Should you Invest in Indianapolis?
WHY SHOULD YOU THINK ABOUT INVESTING IN THE GREATER INDIANAPOLIS REAL ESTATE MARKET?
The city is uniquely positioned for incredible return on investment for realtors, investors, developers, property managers and every professional across the real estate spectrum.
Indianapolis is the capital city of Indiana and as of 2013 is the 12th largest city in the country with a population of 843,393. The Indianapolis metropolitan area ranks 33rd largest with a 2013 population estimated at 1,953,961. Indianapolis continues to build its reputation as the Amateur Sports “Capital of the World” and continues to attract newcomers to the city from all over the country and around the globe.
What makes real estate unique in Indianapolis and the surrounding metropolitan area is that its growth is steady climbing, especially in the Hamilton, Hendricks and Johnson counties, which surround the city. Real estate in both Hamilton and Hendricks counties are the fastest growing state-wide.
ACCORDING TO RECENTLY COMPILED PRESS ABOUT INDIANAPOLIS REAL ESTATE:
- – A Nov. 7 Fortune Magazine article listed Indianapolis Real Estate as one of only seven cities expected to see home values increase in the next five years.
- – Forbes Magazine rated the Indianapolis Real Estate market #1 least over-priced major city in the country.
- – The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Opportunity Index named Indianapolis Real Estate the most affordable major market for the ninth consecutive time.
- – CNN Money.com noted that Indianapolis Real Estate and local economy is poised to grow faster than the national average over the next two years, with house prices projected to post a respectable gain.
- – Forbes Magazine rated the Indianapolis Real Estate Market #9 for best places to buy foreclosed homes in the country.
- – Many factors – such as good schools, access to transportation, parks and recreation, and public safety – contribute to overall quality of life and, ultimately, the success of the Indianapolis real estate market. But affordability is the cornerstone of central Indiana’s housing market.
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
Not only is the city growing for all the reasons above, but Indianapolis hosts several notable sporting events annually, including all of the following:
- – Brickyard 400
- – Grand Prix of Indianapolis
- – NFL Scouting Combine
- – The One America 500 Festival Mini Marathon (the Largest half marathon in the U.S)
- – The Indianapolis 500 ( the largest single-day sporting event in the world). In fact, the cars competing in the latter race are known asIndyCars as a reference to the event.
Indianapolis is also headquarters for the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and the city frequently hosts the Men’s and Women’sbasketball tournaments. Indianapolis hosted Pan American Games X in 1987 and Super Bowl XLVI in 2012.
There is Still MORE!
Fortune 500 companies like Eli Lilly and Anthem among other well known companies like Wells Fargo have made their headquarters here and are adding to projected job growth, which is slated to increase by another 2.3% as unemployment continues to decrease well into 2015. (Source: 2014 Annual Market Outlook)
Now is the perfect time to be in Indianapolis and buy, sell, invest, manage and develop properties.